The system is unique as it is designed to be attached to the outside of the helmet enabling paramedics to easily access the riders ID without the need to move the patient or remove their helmet (important to reduce the potential for neck & spinal trauma!)
THE SPORT ID - HELMET
- Utilises 3M Scotchlite® Yellow Reflective Material & 3M accessory reflective sticker sheet - Ensures you are easily seen in low light conditions
- Lightweight & discreet
- 100% waterproof and extremely durable
- You'll never forget your ID - always attached to your helmet
- ID card fits inside inner pocket - out of sight in normal use
- Easily updated - spare ID card included
- "Helmet Safe" adhesive used to attach ID system to helmet
The waterproof ID card stores the following information:
How to Use:
The non-removal of the helmet is an important feature of the system and is vital in reducing the potential for further neck & spinal trauma, eliminating the need to manipulate the rider to access their ID.
Other solutions such as carrying ID in a rear pocket or neck worn dog-tag cannot eliminate this risk as the patient will often need to be fully manipulated to access their ID.
Our Sport ID - helmet system was developed with input from EMS and Ski Patrol members to specifically be of benefit to them and assist them in their job of saving lives!
The Sport ID - helmet is not only the perfect solution for cyclists. The system can be utilized for any helmet wearing work or activity including (but not limited to) skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, hockey & motorcycling.
I.C.E. - IN CASE OF EMERGENCY : The I.C.E. designation displayed on the Sport ID - helmet system is an internationally recognised acronym that enables paramedics to quickly identify the ID system and retrieve the riders ID.
Originally the ICE designation was used to identify emergency numbers stored on a cell phone, the designation is recognised by paramedics & medical personell worldwide and is being more widely used and incorporated into a number of safety products.