Swim Ireland’s Swim For A Mile is an initiative aiming to encourage people to get back into the pool and become confident life-long swimmers. The project, which was initiated in 2014, challenges members of the public to compete in national events to swim a mile. Swim Ireland provides a free training programme, support, advice and motivation for all those wanting to take on the challenge.
Supporting swimmers to go the distance, Swim Ireland is offering free swim training programmes available through the Swim for a Mile website and also free Coaching Clinics at locations across the country right up to the event. With Swim Ireland’s expert support, participants will be able to hone their swimming technique, increase their levels of fitness and improve on a life-long skill – but most importantly be in prime shape to take on the mile challenge when the events takes place across Ireland at the dates outlined below..
- Tuesday 21st March 2017 – UL Sport, Limerick
- Wednesday 22nd March 2017 – Kingfisher, NUI Galway
- Thursday 23rd March 2017 – Olympia LC, Belfast
- Saturday 25th March 2017 – NAC, Dublin
- Monday 27th March 2017 – Leisureworld, Bishopstown, Cork
- Friday 31st March 2017 – The Watershed, Kilkenny
For more information about the Swim Ireland “Swim for a Mile Challenge” log on to www.swimforamile.com.